My new found hobby..

Taking pictures! I've enjoyed doing this for quite some time now but never really had the chance to buy a good camera. Anyhow, now that I have a digital camera along with me, i'll try to show you how I see things my way.=)

Take a peek at my new pHoto bLog!

A Bit at Lost

Our company recently started to dissolve members of the .Net team. And being a .Net Solutions Architect, I honestly don't know how I should be reacting to this sudden movement in the company. I have been using .Net Framework for roughly five years now and this change for me is really alarming.

This change does not have anything to do with bankruptcy guys. The administrative body has just notice the trend in the business intelligence market. And since our BI projects (using Vendavo) are gaining more profit than the .Net projects, they have finally decided to focus on the BI tools.

Since August I have already moved from .Net to Oracle Hyperion. And this is where i'm starting to get lost. Oracle Hyperion is one of the emerging BI tool and app in the IT industry today. I cannot discuss to you the details about Oracle Hyperion in this post as it will surely consume the entire page to do so. But if you're interested to know more about this tool you can checkout my niche blog.

I am tasked to focus on Oracle Hyperion Planning. But problem is that there are different Planning applications available..! So, where should I be focusing on really.. I DON'T KNOW! Aside from the fact that I have to learn Hyperion Planning, I also have to learn all the tools that are used within the Planning application.

Anyway, my laptop has already been upgraded to 160GB of hard disk space and 4GB of memory just for this tool. Now can you imaging how big this BI tool and app is?




No comments:

Post a Comment