My new found hobby..

Taking pictures! I've enjoyed doing this for quite some time now but never really had the chance to buy a good camera. Anyhow, now that I have a digital camera along with me, i'll try to show you how I see things my way.=)

Take a peek at my new pHoto bLog!

Disney Princess Themed Mini Cake Castle for Chloe=)

I almost forgot to share this cake I made the other week.

Mommy Tina requested me to bake a disney princess themed two-layer mini cake and mini cupcakes for her cute daughter's 1st birthday party. The party was held at the second floor of Mcdo c5 libis, pasig city.

It was fun conceptualizing this cake because its my first time to bake a cake with this theme and my first time to make a castle-like cake fit for our birthday princess.

If you're interested to bake your own castle cake, all you need are the following:
- One 4x3 mini cake
- One 6x3 mini cake
- royal icing
- edible beads
- ice cream cones
- and your decorating materials (spatula, turn table, icing tips, gel icing colors in pink, green, purple, & lemon, and pastry bags)

Befor you begin decorating, make sure you have baked your cake the night before and have kept it safe on your freezer. Also, you may want to put colors on your icing ahead of time so that all you need to do on the day is decorate=)

First step: Put your cake together using a dowel rod and cover with icing

Then pipe green icing to create big leaves at the bottom portion of the cake and vines with small leaves surrounding the 2-layer mini cake.

Then add edible beads to make it look more "princessy"! Is there such a term?

Then add the ice cream cones.. and cover it with whatever icing color you like. I think it will also look cute even without the icing=)

And here's my finished product with some more icing, a flag, and the celebrant's name..

Here's how the setup looks like at the party venue..


They also got our Chocolate Fountain Gold Package..



Cheers!=)

3 comments:

  1. I can say that this cake simply irresistible, the smell is tempting and the feel of every bite is surely what you are craving for. Anyway, thanks and I definitely visit this site more often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you find the princess banners that are in the background of the cake

    ReplyDelete