My new found hobby..

Taking pictures! I've enjoyed doing this for quite some time now but never really had the chance to buy a good camera. Anyhow, now that I have a digital camera along with me, i'll try to show you how I see things my way.=)

Take a peek at my new pHoto bLog!

Chocolates!!


With this economic and financial crisis that we're having, getting a sideline or part time job is something that mom's should start taking into consideration. As for me, I'm starting to think of a chocolate store online. I enjoyed making chocolate goodies when i was still young to earn extra income and now that our budget has started to get tight, I am more and more convinced to pursue this idea.

Right now, I've started to do some research about the different types of chocolates which I would also use for my soon to be chocolate products. Here are some of the varieties of chocolates that I found (I'm sure chocoholics like me are already familiar with some of these):

1. Unsweetened Chocolate
- This is a pure chocolate liquor and is also know as the bitter or baking chocolate. It is usually used to bake cakes, brownies, and cookies.

2. Dark Chocolate
- This is produced by adding fat and sugar to cacao. It's know as the plain chocolate, the one without any milk additive.

3. Milk Chocolate
- This is chocolate with additional milk powder or condensed milk. The US government requires a minimum of 10% concentration of chocolate liquor but EU government requires at least 25% of cocoa solids. Maybe this explains why European chocolates tastes more chocolaty and thus more expensive.

4. Semisweet Chocolate
- This is often used for cooking purposes. In it's powdered form, it is the one used to make champorado or chocolate rice porridge.

5. Bittersweet Chocolate
- This is chocolate liquor or unsweetened chocolate with some sugar, more cocoa butter, vanilla, and sometimes lecithin is added. It's like semisweet chocolate with lesser sugar.

6. White Chocolate
- This is a confection based on sugar and fat without the cocoa solids. And this is one of my favorites!


I've started creating the online store and will tell you more about this and the products that are soon to come out.=)


No comments:

Post a Comment