My new found hobby..

Taking pictures! I've enjoyed doing this for quite some time now but never really had the chance to buy a good camera. Anyhow, now that I have a digital camera along with me, i'll try to show you how I see things my way.=)

Take a peek at my new pHoto bLog!

Dark Chocolate Almond Cake and Moist Almond Lemon Cake

My kitchen was full of sweet sugars, butter, flours, and cakes last weekend! I made Dark Chocolate Almond Cake for my daughter's real birthday last Friday, a Moist Almond Lemon Cake for my dad ( my belated happy birthday gift), and lots of mini cupcakes and 2 mini cakes for Missy's 3rd birthday party yesterday which I'll brag about on my next post.=)

Here's a shot of the cake I made for my baby girl..
It was sooo tasty, moist, and soft too! My dad even said it tasted like ice cream! lol I added a little bit of almond extract to my chocolate fudge icing. I guess that gave it that out of the ordinary taste.

Here's a slice of the cake which really speaks how moist this chocolate cake is.


This Moist Almond Lemon cake was made right after we catered to our One McKinley event last Saturday night. I actually made it in the wee hours of the night just to make sure that my dad gets surpriseD when he sis it in the morning=D I was happy that I came out perfectly! The recipe came from Ina Garten of Barefoot Contesa (one of my favorite shows!) .

Here's a shot of the cake with the lemon syrup.. another moisturicious cake! lol

A shot of the lemon cake after I put on the lemon glaze..

And to finish it off, here's a shot with the sprinkled roasted slivered almonds and message from us (thanks auntie dez for the suggestion and treat! you still owe me though.hehehe)





1 comment:

  1. love the cake!!! Happy Birthday to your Dad!!!
    Flor (floreshayes@gmail.com)
    hkpanda.freetzi.com

    ReplyDelete