My new found hobby..

Taking pictures! I've enjoyed doing this for quite some time now but never really had the chance to buy a good camera. Anyhow, now that I have a digital camera along with me, i'll try to show you how I see things my way.=)

Take a peek at my new pHoto bLog!

Wedding Cake 101 : How to make a wedding cake

Wow! This is my first post for the year 2010. So how did your 2009 year end? Mine was a mixture of exhaustion, fulfillment, blessings, and joy=)

Since my 2009 was so blessed by God with parties and events, I'd like to start my blog for this year by sharing how I made my first wedding cake and cupcakes for a client turned good friend named Melissa. Before I discuss the details of her wedding cake, let me tell you that this lady was the one who inspired and encouraged me to include pastries on my existing chocolate fountain business.

She first contacted me around Feb 09 to inquire about the chocolate fountain since she wanted to have this on her dream wedding in December 2009 at Pangasinan. But she also asked me if i could provide her cupcakes because she couldn't find a cupcake tower supplier in that area. Since I
mentioned that I have been baking for my family since I was a kid, she persuaded me to try out baking again so I could bake for her on her wedding. I was hesitant at first because I've never baked cakes with icing before!hahaha. To cut the story short, I gave it a shot. I bought some baking materials, bought a gas range, and started to bake since then.

Am so glad she trusted my skills and was able to encourage me to do what I have loved and enjoyed doing since my childhood days.=)

Here goes the cake story..

I made her 200pcs cupcakes in 6 yummy flavors!
Banana Cupcakes with Chocolate Cream Icing, Peanut Butter Cupcakes with Chocolate Cream Icing, Pink Velvet Cupcake with Chocolate Cream Icing, Choco Orange Cupcake with Pink Vanilla Cream Icing, Carrot Walnut Cupcake with Pink Vanilla Cream Icing, and Chocolate Almond Cupcake with Strawberry Cream Icing


Also made her one 6x5 round mini cake for the cake cutting ceremony. The mini cake had
two flavors. The top layer is a black and white cake and the bottom layer is a white chocolate cake=)

Here's my step by step procedure on how this wedding cake turned into a princess=)

1. I baked two batches of cake in a 6inch baking pan. Trimmed the cake and put them together using a whipped cream frosting. Then, I started adding the white buttercream dream icing from the top to the sides, leaving some area un-iced for the chocolate icing cover

2. Using a steel cake spatula, I flatted the icing. For best result, submerge the spatula on very hot water every time you flatten the icing. After I made the white icing look clean, I added the chocolate icing on the area of the cake where I left blank.

3. Since my cake have already been fully iced, I started the decorating part by carefully putting on the edible pink metallic candy beads. My tiny mistake, I should have added beads on top before I place the edible candy flowers..

4. Finally, add the edible candy flowers on top and on the sides=)


Here are some pictures I took on the venue..


Cupcake Tower #1 with the Mini Wedding Cake

Cupcake Tower #2

Before I forget, also want to thank Ms. Tish of WMN for featuring our business story on their web magazine's December issue. Read the article from this link.

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. Nice guide. I like on how you show the guide. This is a perfect wedding guide.

    ReplyDelete