My new found hobby..

Taking pictures! I've enjoyed doing this for quite some time now but never really had the chance to buy a good camera. Anyhow, now that I have a digital camera along with me, i'll try to show you how I see things my way.=)

Take a peek at my new pHoto bLog!

DIY Projects You Can Do to Cut Cost on Your Birthday Party Budget

Most moms planning for their kids birthday party would love to get ideas on how to cut cost on their party budget. I am no expert here but still I would like to share what DIY projects I did to make sure we do not go over our budget for our eldest daughter’s party.
  
Themed Pinata / Candy  shower
– This one is easy to make. Instead of buying those ready-made piñatas worth P300 - P500, I would rather make it myself. I made this (with help from my dad, auntie, and cousin) just a few days before the party. The materials were bought months before.



I followed the steps from this link : http://www.makermama.com/2012/10/diy-castle-pinata.html 
Materials used : Biggest Kellogg’s cereal, candies (from the grocery store), crepe paper, Elmer’s glue (from National Bookstore)

Party decors
- To make sure we are following our Shabby Chic Princess theme, I made Paper flower/rosette table décors for the dessert table – I started doing this 2 months prior to the party. I only had time to make those paper rosettes after work and on weekends. I love how it came out!


Materials used: Crepe paper, styro balls, glue gun and glue sticks, Elmer’s glue(from National Bookstore), small pink tin can pails, paper straws, ribbons, pearl beads (from Divisoria).

SDD, invitations, map, menu list, wishing note, dessert/candy labels, name tags
– All done using Adobe Photoshop and my God given creative skills hahaha. Thank you Lord! J If you don’t have this software or cannot find one, there’s a free software called Paint.NET that can also help do the job for you.





Audio-Visual Presentation
- This one you can make using Windows Movie, easy to make too! I made mine using ProShow Gold. You just need a compilation of photos, a song fit for your child, and some captions.

Aside from those I have mentioned above, you can also DIY your party favors, loot bags, and balloon decors. My piece of advise is just to enjoy doing what your doing! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment