My new found hobby..

Taking pictures! I've enjoyed doing this for quite some time now but never really had the chance to buy a good camera. Anyhow, now that I have a digital camera along with me, i'll try to show you how I see things my way.=)

Take a peek at my new pHoto bLog!

Royal Icing and our new Cupcake Tower! Yipee!

I've been baking a couple of times using buttercream icing. But my hubby always says he wants a different one because his not a big fan of buttery tasting food. Well, he's not into fondant either because he said it tastes so sweet.. So, my only option was to go search for a good Royal Icing recipe.

When I got the icing recipe I needed, I was actually surprised to find out that it was so easy to make one! It has lesser ingredients, it's better tasting (especially for those who want to do away with the fats), and it's best for decorating and lettering=) And since last weekend was my SIL's birthday celebration day, I had the best excuse to bake and try the royal icing recipe=P

I was really happy with the outcome. Everyone raved about the mini cupcakes! Glad that I finally was able to bake that soft consistency I wanted in a chocolate cake. Actually, my simple trick was to add a little extra baking powder on my recipe.

About the cupcake tower we used, we recently bought that from a multiply seller. Was so happy that I found her coz I've been searching the net for a seller for months! I'm by the way renting out this cupcake tower. You could check out our multiply site for the cost.

Here are some pics of the mini cupcakes I made last weekend. This was my first royal icing decorated cupcakes.. so wait till you see my next coz that will surely look a lot better.=)





Check out more dessert treats from our site!=)

No comments:

Post a Comment